Thursday, May 8, 2014

Beta Number 2 and 5w2d update

So I am running a bit behind with updating but we had our second beta on Monday.  The way this works is the faster the doubling rate, the more of a chance of multiples, the longer the doubling, it is more indicative of a pregnancy in peril such as a chemical pregnancy.  So the normal beta doubling rates for a healthy singleton is 48-72 hours.  Our doubling rate was 49.37 so we have a normal, boring doubling number which is FANTASTIC!  I need to schedule my ultrasound for 7 weeks but I have to wait for the referral to go through.  Other notes are that my estrogen is 722 (on the high end of normal so it is no wonder I am having headaches.)  My progesterone is also good at 39.5.  They won't change my meds or lower them until after my ultrasound. 


I thought it might be fun to update weekly or monthly with the current size of the baby and what is going on with the baby this week/month.  Currently their baby is starting to grow its heart the heart will be divided into 4 chambers by the end of this week.  Pretty awesome feat if you ask me.  Luckily I have not experienced nausea... YET, but according to babycenter, that should start in the upcoming weeks... swell.  I had the worst nausea from pretty much conception to 22 wks with piper resulting in only an 8 lb gain from conception to week 39.  Then I put another 8 lbs of water weight on!! I am hoping to avoid that mess this time around!  The only real symptoms I am feeling is extreme fatigue which was unfortunate these past two weeks with my midterms last week and a ton of writing this week.  I also am getting shaky between meals so I have to eat a little something every 2 hours.  Its funny how quickly our bodies change when when we get pregnant.  Finally.... pee pee pee pee pee!!  And not on sticks anymore.  I peed on 90 of those this cylce in case you were wondering!  
  
Just a little glimpse of the insides so you can see how small the baby is inside the uterus.  I love these images from babycenter!  The placenta is starting to develop this week too!  Pretty soon it will take over and start producing the hormones that I am taking to sustain pregnancy.  Usually you are done with those by 12 weeks!  I will be so happy to be done with the headaches and also done with the ooey gooey goopy mess in my undies!!  I won't miss having to wear panty liners 24/7!!  

Will try to update next week!!  Hopefully with an ultrasound date, maybe even I will set the appointment up by tomorrow!  


No comments:

Post a Comment